Thursday, March 26, 2009

Confession Is Good For the Soul





I don’t know who said that, I don’t even care. I have always thought my soul was my business and if it was a little hard around the edges, so be it. Then a friend of mine started reading my blog. She has started chipping away at my soul; possibly my conscience. What you all have to understand is that I am not alone in this confession, I had a co-conspirator, and I had an excuse.
I had a birthday party. The party was my first one and I was so excited. My very best friends were coming. I had a new dress, the lilacs were blooming, what else could a little girl want? Well, I’ll tell you what, a party without her little brother, that’s what. He was so naughty that day, he wouldn’t even let me have a picture taken with my friends. Well, some of the girls stayed the night, the next day they all went home but my best friend Joan. Keith was still at it, I don’t know if it’s a guy thing to pick on little girls, or if he was starved for kids to play with too. His behavior was absolutely awful. He would do the “repeat” thing. If we said something, he would repeat it until I thought I would lose my mind. Well, I have put an email in this that she wrote to me last night so that you can see how we handled the situation. "I'm going to watch for Keith driving the car that we talked him into and see what you remember that I don't!!! I mostly remember feeling really bad when he had to go to bed without supper and if I remember right -- we never admitted anything!!!! We were so sweet!!!!!
Keith did get the car out of park and it rolled down an embankment. It could have been a really serious accident. Joan and I did nothing except to tell Mom that Keith did it, a fence at the bottom of the hill kept the car from going any further.
The bad part about this post is that I had to email Keith to see how to paste Joan's email into my blog. He had no idea it was about him. Now I feel so guilty, I can't hardly stand it. My soul is only a little bruised, but now that I have admitted this horrible deed, my conscience is clear, or almost. When I was in second grade I stole a pencil that was only two inches long because I thought it was something I needed; it had an eraser on it. There all my sins are aired to the public from grade school days. I'm really glad my brother loves me.

2 comments:

  1. That's it? Surely there's more. LOL! When Joe and I were kids and home alone, we chased each other with knives. The person who got the biggest knife at the end one. One day when we were doing this, Joe was completely freaked out and broke the glass of the front door trying to get away. When you came home, he told you I was chasing him with a knife and I said, "Silly, Joe, I was just cutting an apple." LOL That does NOT clear my conscience, but it's a start. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my sister sends me an email a little bit ago...

    “uhm, you might want to check out the blog that you helped create. Remember, I love you and I am an old lady and you can't hurt me now.”

    Well all sorts of things are running through my mind as to why I might want to “hurt” my sister. I’m fairly mellow now in my old age so those sorts of thoughts rarely interrupt my normal work day, but she certainly got my attention this time. So off to her blog I go...

    Nice picture at the top – cute kid in overalls!

    Well it didn’t take me long to realize – “The TRUTH was coming out!”

    Notice my age in the picture – what could I be – 4 maybe 5 years old? If this was the sort of thing they’d cook up for me to do at age 5 (drive a car off a cliff and down a mountain side), can you just image my life in later years? I can’t wait to read about those years! :)

    This is the sweet little boy that no doubt these same girls tortured by daring him to go in the cob house knowing that mice would run up pants!! No doubt they will be confessing that one next!!

    Your girl friends were always so good looking, Lu. You really couldn’t expect that I wouldn’t hang around with you, could you?

    I’m glad you were able to clear you conscience, but I might disagree that “all” your sins from grade school have now been publically aired. I’ll be waiting anxiously for your next pangs of conscience.

    I’m a strong believer in what doesn’t kill you will certainly make you stronger. As I look back on my life, I’m thinking I should be one of the strongest guys in the world!!

    But yes dear one. Your little brother does indeed still love you!!

    ReplyDelete