Friday, March 6, 2009

The Golden Years





My best friend, Carole, and I are turning 65 in just a few months. We have often wondered why they refer to the Golden Years as Golden Years. We see nothing Golden about them. I don’t even have gold fillings. My teeth are acrylic. Everything is aching, falling apart, etc. etc. You have heard all of the complaining you want from older people, but today, I was reminded once again, that the Golden Years are whooie.
My daughter and son-in-law gave me half a laptop computer for my birthday and Mother’s Day present since I burned up my other one. It arrived today. The whole idea of me wanting a laptop is so that I can sit in the living room and write my stories and make cd’s and a multitude of things and not have to come out here to the dining room. Fran watches SciFi movies and junk and likes to have me in the living room with him. I need something to do because I won’t watch that stuff. So to make a long story much shorter, I needed to hook the router on my desktop computer to the laptop. It could have taken about 30 seconds if I could have remembered what I did with the password. Poor Melanie clear in St. Louis, after having over a dozen children at her house all day was trying to help me and we rebooted and all that good stuff. I finally told her I had to fix supper and would look for the password. I found it in approximately half a temper tantrum later and typed it in. Bingo, hooked up immediately.
Now I ask you is that Golden? Not!! Haven’t figured out the printer sharing yet. I have that half done, so maybe tomorrow? Thanks for listening to me vent.

3 comments:

  1. You know... I think we can blame our general bad attitude and most of our problems on computers if we just stop and think about it for minute or two. I know I can!! Whew!! I think I'll run away to the beach for a week - WITHOUT my computer! WhooHoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks great! Actually, computers are a lot like people--a great blessing and just as great an aggravation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... Now I'm back from the beach. Guess what I forgot - yup my password. Took ME about half a temper tantrum to remember it!! Urrr!!
    I guess we're truly related :)

    ReplyDelete