Friday, March 6, 2009

Goodasnew???





I woke up in the early part of the middle of the night with an extreme case of heartburn. Now heartburn is something that the doctor warned me about over forty years ago when I was pregnant. Never had it. Now that I am about done with this old body I get heart burn. It doesn’t make sense to me.
I quit smoking eight days ago. Food wasn’t interesting to me when I quit like it is with a lot of folks, but yesterday all I wanted was junk. As I was chewing Tums like they were going out of style, I did a rerun of the food I ate. I said to myself, “I just had a hamburger for supper.” That is true, as I popped a college educated pill for my tummy, but what about Fiddle Faddle, potato chips, orange slices, bacon for breakfast. All the foods I have listed are not on my diet. High cholesterol takes all the fun out of life, high sugar levels take the rest of the fun out of life.
Evidently when we are young our bellies are made out of iron, or would remain that way if we didn’t abuse them.
As I cuddled my Kansas City Chiefs blankie and laid down on the couch and moaned and groaned so I wouldn’t disturb Fran, I thought, “I will do better tomorrow.” And then I will be Goodasnew!

2 comments:

  1. So I won't sound like a mom, I'll just say hope you feel better! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urrr!! Yet another malady I have to look forward to as I rapidly race closer and closer to being as old as you... :-)

    ReplyDelete