Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not Too Old....





Some of you know what I have been doing, others do not. I have been restoring my father’s cassettes into compact disks. This has been fun, it has been sad, and sometimes really funny. The other day I was playing a cassette that Dad had recorded in Norfolk at my brother’s house in 1973. Well, at Christmas their kids were little and noisy. I got such a kick out of Mother. She loved those babies to pieces, but they were a little noisy. I told my husband, the more noisy the kids got, the more often my mother cleared her throat. It was just a stitch.
I remember Mother telling me how upset she used to get with Dad when we were there because he washed the television screen when my little ones had gotten finger prints on it. I guess I didn’t even notice Dad doing that, but it sure embarrassed Mother.
What has been interesting is finding suitable pictures to scan to the computer so I can make fun labels for these cd’s. I have photo albums and loose pictures all over the house. I just found a picture of Keith, Linda, and their two kids in 1973 all dressed up. Instant label!! Does everybody save these pictures for thirty six years? I just don’t think so.
I just finished making a video for my best friend’s birthday and that mess isn’t put away, and now I have the new mess sitting on top of the old mess. It’s a good thing my husband is easy going. Well I have to start going through these pictures again. You just never can tell what I may find. There just might be an old picture of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment