Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Flea Market





Every Tuesday when the weather is half way decent, my husband and I go to the flea market that is held in a little town about eight miles away from our house.
This little town has a miniature bank, a gas station which also serves as a convenience store and a little restaurant. It does have a grocery store, some flea market stores which have antiques in them as well as junk. It has a pizza and sandwich shop which my husband and I checked out one day. The food was very good, however, one day we stopped there to eat there was a sign on the door that said, “Gone Fishing.” I talked about that for days, I couldn’t believe it.
Getting back to the flea market, I love to go there. I always tell my husband there just might be something there I can’t live without.
Last year I bought hooded sweatshirts for five dollars a piece. Now, you just can’t beat that. I paid three dollars for the ones without a hood. I must tell you that this was all new merchandise. There are vendors there that sell used articles of clothing too. I bought a wonderful light weight sweat suit that cost two dollars. I wear it all the time. Vendors come from Kansas City, and Arkansas when apples are in season. Many vendors are there every Tuesday. There is a hot dog stand for hungry shoppers.
The flea market has fruits and vegetables, frozen meats, personal hygiene items, clothing, gloves, movies, music, anything and everything you can imagine and then some. Often the Amish are there selling, baked goods, bedding plants, vegetables, eggs and a multitude of other goodies. Yesterday there were even puppies for sale.
I bought a dvd movie that I have wanted to see, and a sack of oranges for a dollar yesterday. I got my exercise and some things I wanted . What a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment