Saturday, March 14, 2009

Grandmother Johnson





I have very little to say about my grandmother Johnson. However, she needs to be mentioned in my memoirs because she was my father’s mother as well as my Uncle Roy’s mother. She died when I was less than a year old. I have always had her picture on top of my china cupboard. I think the reason for this is because I feel that my cousin, Bonnie, looks a lot like her.
I think that she would have been pleased to know that one of her grandchildren looked so much like her. Now that I think of it, I think that my cousin, Jim takes after her also.
My father and his brother Roy were as different looking as could be. When they were young they were both skinny. My Uncle Roy remained slender. My dad had his tonsils out and his teeth pulled and proceeded to get nice and round. Of course, eating my mother’s cooking helped a little bit too.
I can remember watching Uncle Roy and my dad acting and talking like kids. It was so hard for me to imagine my dad being a kid. But I guess he was, Uncle Roy always called him “kid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment