Friday, June 19, 2009

Baked Broiled And Blown




Well I haven’t done any posting lately. Look at the title of this post and that is exactly what happened to me. We were baked, why because we had no power. Broiled because it was so hot (ninety eight degrees with one hundred per cent humidity and blown because we had a tornado which did a lot of damage. Not to our house, thank goodness but all around us. The tornado was a F4 but it jumped up and down along the highway that runs right by our house.
We had no power or water for two days. That’s a long time when it is so hot. Once again we were so blessed. We have a camper that was full of water and had an air conditioner that saved my life. We bought a generator that kept the camper running as well as our refrigerator and two freezers.
We brought our little bbq into the screened in porch and grilled our food. I even used the microwave in the camper to heat some water for my in-laws. They were way ahead of me. They had old pots on their grill heating up. They had water they were using sparingly. They say water runs down hill. They live down hill from us.
We had nickel to quarter size hail with the storm. The trailer we live in has a metal roof. It was so noisy I was hysterical. I have never been so scared in my life. The storm had been raging all night long. The lightning was non stop.
So that’s why no computer, phone service was limited to one phone in the bedroom that doesn’t need electricity.
I wonder how I made it when I was a youngster with no air conditioning. The answer to that is, just fine.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how loud it must have been in your house-- very scary! Glad you are both okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS -- Peddler is Chuck's login name (I am using his laptop this summer.)

    ReplyDelete