Monday, June 29, 2009

The Variety Show










Yesterday I talked some about the variety show of my sophmore year. Today I would like to talk about the variety show I think was in my Junior year.
This production I was a French floozie and sang Hi Lili Hi Lo in Paris. I made my own dress. My dress was white with gold swirls and was decorated with red fringe. It was in the 1920’s era.
You can see by the signage that there were other things that we had fun with. I see Hoe Down in Dogpatch, Good News, Combo in Dixie, Men Lost on Nite Beat, and Fashion in Purple. Russ Tramp Act was one I don’t remember.
This picture was an all class production. If you remember or see anyone that you remember put some answers on the comment section of this post. One thing I do remember was that Mr. McCarthy was very pleased with all of us and so was the community. This was an 8x10 picture taken by Berke's studio, the business that bought our house, years after the tar truck tipped over on it. Any way it is very difficult to see faces on this picture. You may be able to make this bigger and detect some pictures that you recognize.

4 comments:

  1. I think ... that in the middle of that photo -- the girl with a headscarf on -- is Virginia Karohl and I am just to the right of her in the sailor hat. There are lots of people I recognize -- can you send a copy to Jerry Springer -- I bet he can get everyone to name every person in that photo.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year Joan and I did "The Surrey with the Fringe on Top."
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember singing that song too. It was a group of girls, I think. Anyone else remember that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the "Surrey with the Fringe on Top"!!! We were going so fast at the end that it was hard to get the words out!!!! I knew lots of people in that picture---=bring it when you come in October and I bet we can name a lot of them!! Great memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete