Friday, June 12, 2009

The Sun Always Makes Me Sneeze






When Joan and I worked across the street from each other we would go have coffee in a little café across the street from Salisbury’s Studio where I worked in later years, it may have been called Casey’s.
Sometimes she would come to the studio and pick me up and sometimes I would just walk over to the café and she would be there. On the times when she would come to the studio she liked to hang around a little bit. Photo studios are very dark of course, for developing pictures. Every single time Joan and I would go outside she would sneeze.
I always laughed at her and she said she had an allergy to sunshine. There is a condition that actually does make people sneeze when they are in the sun. Now she lives in one of the sunniest states in the United States. I should ask her if she still sneezes in the sun.
It’s funny how your memory works but I was looking through my scrapbook and found a picture of Jo and she was frowning and underneath her picture I labeled it as “the frowner.” As I think of it, it was probably because of the sunshine.
The other day Joan asked me if I had a picture of Miss Pannhorst that taught fifth grade. I told her no, that I didn’t remember having one of her. Well, I did, so along with the “frowner” here is a picture of Miss Pannhorst.

2 comments:

  1. That is really strange -I don't remember sneezing when I went into the sun. I'm always in the sun in Arizona and I don't think that I sneeze from it. The cafe across the street from Salisbury's is called Carey's and still is. It is run by Carey Hetrick who was in our class in school!!! I wouldn't have known that to be Miss Panhorst -memory gone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank goodness I labeled everything when I put them in the scrapbook. casies and caries see the brain is TRYING to work lol I am starting to run out of stories if you have any ideas let me know

    ReplyDelete