Monday, June 22, 2009

Busy, Interesting, Fun Week-End










The title says it all. Some of you may have noticed I didn’t post for awhile. Well we had visitors from Texas this week-end. Fran’s Uncle and Aunt came to visit. His Uncle is his mother’s brother. His mother is almost ninety four and her brother is seventy six. A very large difference in age. Marie is the oldest and he is the youngest.
Most of you know I love to talk. Well after they left Fran said, “Sorry, Honey, you lost that contest.” That is true, I lost that contest absolutely. She is the most talkative and the funniest woman I have ever met. I had the giggles most of the day.
I had several things for lunch as you do for people you have never met before. Fran’s Aunt took the bowl of fruit salad and started going through it and naming the fruits that were in it. I said, “So what are you anyway, picky?” She laughed and the whole table of people laughed and she told Fran, “She is a keeper!” Then she told me, “Yes I am picky!!!”
After lunch she spied the karaoke machine in the living room and there was nothing to it but that we all sang karaoke. Even Fran’s mom sang with a microphone and sung us a French song that she learned at a very early age. It is called Soldier Come home. It was beautiful. I was very lucky to have that recorded. I got several songs recorded yesterday. It was such fun.
I showed them the blog that I have been doing about Marie’s life. They loved it and added some stories for me.
We will probably be visiting them in September when we go to Texas. I am sure it will be a whirlwind of activity then too. Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment