Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Winter Then Spring; A Leak!




Anyone that knows Fran knows that unless he has a microphone or a crown &coke in his hand, he is quiet as a mouse. He seldom initiates conversation, unless he is asking someone to sing or what he wants for dinner. He is also a “zoner.” That means that when television is on, no matter what the channel or the show, Fran is in his own world in sync with the television.
When friends arrive with a deck of cards he lights up like a neon moon, gets his quarters and is ready to go.
Fran very seldom gets irritated, let alone angry until we had this situation that arrived at our house the other day.
As you know if you have been reading my posts, my daughter and her children arrived a few days ago. They were to stay for two and a half days, we had no water so they had to go home.
We use our camper for two bedrooms and an extra bathroom. So shortly before they were to arrive, Fran filled the fresh water tank with water and much to his chagrin the water was every where but in the tank. It was pouring out the door the rugs were soaked and on and on.
I quietly made an exit and watched from the porch because the loud bad words were curling my hair.
Finally he came to the porch and announced that he was going to take the camper and shove it into the lake where it belonged. I couldn’t resist and asked him if it wouldn’t be more cost effective if we used it for fire wood. He did not see the humor in my effort for levity.
Fran also told me that there was no way he was going to rip the walls and the floor out to see where the leak was. I said, “Well sell it then.” The conversation went back and forth with me and only me seeing the humor as well as the “fix” to it.
After Melanie and the kids went home Fran had me call a friend of ours and come to find out he was out of work and was thrilled to come and replumb the camper. Whoppee! Here is just one pile of copper tubing that burst from lack of antifreeze this winter.

1 comment: