Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Sunny Day In April







It seems to me, and of course, I might be wrong, roving reporters used to rove!! They kept townspeople in the newspaper all the time. I have a scrapbook full of little clips that I will attempt to show you. The problem with that is that you have to either scan them or take a picture of them to produce them on the computer. You also have to take into account that these newspaper clippings are forever old and have faded the memories along with the printing ink. What I am attempting to do is apologize for pictures that are not sharp and clear.
Here is a picture of me, Virginia Sutton, Muriel Conley, and Beverly Timmerman from left to right. We were all sitting on the merry-go-round soaking up the sunshine on a beautiful day. The picture of Lincoln School is an archived picture. As I remember it though, the stone it was made of was Pipestone rock that was pink. To me it was a beautiful school. I believe we were in fourth grade.

2 comments:

  1. Where were all these treasures all these years? Did Grandma have them? I don't remember seeing them in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had 2 scrapbooks that had a zillion clippings in them that I loved but didn't think you would be interested in. No mom told me to put them in scrapbooks. I think one of them was a birthday present. they are a terrible mess now because I have been taking pictures out for the posts!

    ReplyDelete