Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another Fine Day In The Neighborhood!

Well things aren’t going so well today. Our mobile phone went out of service day before yesterday. I had my mother’s old phone which has to be over forty years old. It works wonderful, but only has a two foot cord on it. It has no answering machine in it. In order to write and talk you need to shove a chair over to it. How did we used to do it? I don’t know who was the most frustrated, Fran or me. I think it was a toss up.

I had to go with my brother-in-law yesterday for a simple surgery. While I was with him, Fran ran to WalMart and picked up a new phone. He was grinning from ear to ear he was so happy.

So he took it out of the box when he got home, plugged it in so the batteries could charge up and then his job was complete. He said, “Okay, there you go!” We had a few choice words, or I should say, I had a few choice words. I told him programming it could wait until today.

I have worked and worked and have decided my college hours have not prepared me to program this @@## phone to talk to me in English. It will only talk French. Can you believe this? I should not be surprised the whole country is speaking a language other than English. I think there was a terrible mistake made. I am sure that my phone was supposed to be shipped to France. Somewhere in Paris there is an older lady saying bad words in French about her phone that will only speak English. There is a part of me that gets some satisfaction in this make believe story, or is it? Things were so easy in Mr. Roger's neighborhood!!

1 comment: