Tuesday, June 1, 2010

OVER AND OVER AND OVER





Have you ever wondered how many times you have made your bed in your life? Yes, even those times your mom stood over you and made sure you did it correctly count.
Have you ever thought, “Why am I even doing this, it just gets messy again when I go to bed at night?”
I really think, “What’s a nice girl like you doing in a place like this” when I clean the oven. Yes, I have a self cleaning oven but I won’t use it. I use those throw away things to catch your drips/spills. I know you are all thinking she is nuts, but I think it uses too much electricity, so I just use it dirty.
My mother hated housework. She always let the dust accumulate, but did not want any clutter. Good grief, I don’t care about either one. I know I have told you about Fran wanting to know who’s coming if he sees me dusting. It is just not a priority with me.
Well, what started all this deep thinking this morning? I was unloading the dishwasher. I know, I know, some of you don’t have a dishwasher. I didn’t for years. It really doesn’t make any difference, you do the same task over and over and over. It generally doesn’t make a difference to me, however, this is summer. I want to be outside or reading a good book, or writing stories. Hmm…look what won!  By the way did you notice that is a MAN elbow deep in bubbles?  Fun!

3 comments:

  1. My mother made her bed each and EVERY morning. She told us to do the same thing... BUT... our bedrooms were upstairs and she didn't go up there every day to check and so we didn't make our beds. I STILL don't make my bed every morning. What's the point? Is it going to get dirty during the time before I get back into it? I mean, nobody is going to be sitting on it, or walking on it, or eating on it, or playing on it or ANYTHING... nothing is going to happen while it's just sitting there in the bedroom during the day. Oh, I guess it would LOOK better if it were made, but it definitely does not change my life to see my bed made -- or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up making my bed every single day. I hate to admit this however but since the day I left my Mothers home I have only made any of beds if SHE IS COMING TO VISIT....LOL LOL I kid you NOT...OK if I have company coming I might make some of the beds...LOL Most of the time I never make my bed...LOL Dreadful HUH....LOL

    Oh we never had a dishwasher until again...I left my MOMS house and well she STILL DOES NOT HAVE ONE and when I am home...I feel SO LOST without a dishwasher...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so funny. I am so amused by the comments on here and on facebook about the bed making thing. I just thought ladies my age would be fanatics about it. Instead half and half. The dishes thing was wonderful at my mom's She didn't have one and that was the time at big family dinners that all the ladies really had a good time teasing each other and laughing and squealing like little kids. good memories

    ReplyDelete