Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bubble Box???

Does anyone know what a bubble box is? Well I do. I am married to a man that thinks that the lake and the fish are the gift he was given when he was born. The fish are his trophies and the stories of which he can tell to anyone that is willing to listen.

My son and my husband are going fishing a couple of days this week. Both of them are excited. Fran has been getting ready for days. My son is taking vacation days. You know the two most fun days of the year. The pickup is hooked up to the boat. The “list” is in their head of what things are needed in the boat. Now remember I told you about all the rain we had. Just keep that in mind. You will be way ahead of my husband. Lol

Fran has this little gizmo called a bubble box. In reality it is an aerator. It provides oxygen for the minnows in the bucket that are used for bait. Well shoot a pickle! The batteries were dead and the inside was just a little rusty from the rain. Fran wiggled the switch and wiggled and chose interesting words about the whole situation. He made a trip to town and got two more batteries. When he got home he laid the two new batteries on the end table by his chair and proceeded to play his computer game. I was on my computer and I decided the house must be on fire! I yelled “something is on fire!” Fran quietly said, “Well,…………I wonder what that is.” (He can’t smell very good) The old batteries in the bubble box were melting. Not only melting but smoking.

If I had to render a guess, I would wager that the bubble box just ain’t gonna bubble tomorrow. Lol

They may have to use night crawlers and then they won’t need a bubble box at all.

2 comments:

  1. My ex husband was an avid fisherman...he had all the gadgets....so yes I knew what that was. I know the Rapla brand...LOL My current Husband is not really a fisherman and so it has been layed in my hands the teaching of my two littles about fishing. The only thing about fishing here though is I get a little freaked out with the boys being to close to the water because a GATOR could be lurking....yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really Oh I would be freaked out too!

    ReplyDelete