Sunday, June 27, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

We really need to keep in mind that the decisions that we make are really important. Fran again asked me to make him pancakes and sausage for breakfast this morning. I was not in the mood to hop out to the kitchen singing and smiling about the whole situation, but I did do it without griping and grumbling. I might add it was seven thirty on a Sunday morning. Fran thinks if the sun is up somewhere, it is time to get moving.
For some reason the dishwasher was unloaded except for the silverware holder. I took it over to the counter right above the silverware holder. I was kind of grumbling to myself at that point. Not unhappy with Fran, but not happy with myself for not finishing my chores last night. I proceeded to put the clean silverware in the drawer and all was well. All of a sudden I screamed and screamed and also screamed. Fran did run to the kitchen. You have to understand that running is something Fran does not deem necessary on most occasions.

What I had done was so crazy. I dropped a table knife, not a sharp knife at all, directly on my second toe. It went directly down and hit the bone dead center. I cannot even describe the pain. Well, it had no blood, therefore, it could not be an extreme emergency, right?

My point is, that if I had just known that this was going to happen, I would have told Fran to make his own pancakes. My toe would not be hurting, and I wouldn’t be complaining to you Or I should have told him, "Just wait a second."

My mother used to tell me that looking into a crystal ball was not a good idea to see what the future was going to bring. Well this morning I could have used one.

4 comments:

  1. Urrrrrrrrr - I read "...I dropped...a sharp knife...directly on my toe". I missed a few words the first time through. Sorry about your toe, Kiddo. Are you able to hobble about? Did Fran run out and get you one of those crystal balls? Have him get me one too. I think the one I use has a crack in it! Never gives me the right scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned black but I am walking just fine, but thanks. I really would like a crystal ball sometimes. Should I, or Shouldn't I, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH I am sorry. I hate when things like that happen. Last Weds we were in the ER...MY big guy pushed my little guy and he fell in the garage and HIT IS HEAD. HE is OK but we were in the ER all night to make sure he was ok . WE had to wake him every few hours...NOW it has turned yellowish..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, it sounds like he hit cement with his head. I am sure glad he is ok. Little ones can just scare you to death, can't they?

    ReplyDelete