Monday, June 14, 2010

I'd Like To Take You For A Walk

Years ago, I loved to go for a walk. Not a speed walk, an amble a stroll, a leisurely walk. I would actually stop and look at birds, and flowers. My neighbors and I would visit. Sometimes I would carry my coffee cup with me and meet my sister-in-law at the end of the block. We would giggle because our kids were still asleep in bed and besides that we could see our houses assuring ourselves that our husbands had not left for work yet. It just felt like we had fooled the world with our little walk.

I love country music. One of my favorite songs is Brad Paisley’s song called, “I’d love to check you for ticks.” It is a bit sexy and alludes to romantic interludes by taking a walk. Well, that’s fine and dandy, but now when I go for a walk, I have to wear two hats. One with the bill forwards and the other with the bill backwards. I wear knee high socks and long sleeve shirts. I wear something with Deet in it. The area I live in has what is called, Seed Ticks. They are so tiny that they look like a freckle. When or before we come in the house we have to de-tick. They are so bad that the other day I took a shower before we went to WalMart. As I was looking for mouth wash I felt something crawling on my shoulder. I felt this terrifying feeling that it might be a tick. I slapped at my shoulder and there crawled this blood sucker. I stepped on it and it just crunched.

How could a song be romantic when it talks about ticks? Yuk!

5 comments:

  1. We have these biting Gnats here that swarm us and get in our hair and leave itchy bites all up and down our arms and necks....I feel your pain and HMMMM I don't now that song..but I remember that Song by Conway Twitty and Loretta Lyn about picking wildberries...???? LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew I loved living in Colorado, but you just reinforced that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words of Wisdom...you are probably very right about B. He might have been hurt deeper because he was already much more mature than I. O well we love and learn. I still would love to think that he would want to reach me to THANK ME...LOL HEHEHEHE. HMMM Still thinking about PINK Flamingoes here...LOL LOL Hope your Wednesday is beautiful...ours is HOT HOT HOT...you can fry a egg on the asphalt here!

    OH and thanks for reading such a LONG LONG POST..it was pure Drivel!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH yeah we so should! It would be a best seller for SURE! HMMM I can see the outline now!

    ReplyDelete