Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Eavesdropping








I don’t ever, well sometimes intentionally eavesdrop, but today I was. I will express my pleasure with what I heard this morning.

I had gone to the hospital for a test. While I was waiting in the waiting room, I always wondered why people say that, any way a lady that I had been visiting with, jumped up and said, “Oh my gosh, I haven’t seen you in ages!”

A family member of hers was going to have a procedure done and this person was going to scrub for it and the lady was very pleased. See how I got all the details? Yup, that’s what happens in the “Waiting Room.”

Any way….the medical person was telling the lady that he now had a five year old son he just loved to pieces. Of course, that just melted this old lady’s heart. He said, “You will never believe what he said the other day.” I thought, “Oh yeah I would I have a slug of grandchildren!” The little five year old was getting ready to go somewhere. He held up his foot for his daddy to see and said, “Look Daddy, a sock is just like underwear for feet.! Well I was found out immediately. Any one that knows me, knows that when I get tickled, I laugh from the tip of my toes and very loudly. Both of these strangers looked and me and then we all laughed. It was so funny. Sometimes little ones are so amazing. I follow a blog written by a gal that calls herself Cookie. She has two little guys and they are always saying things that make me laugh. I follow another blog written by a gal that calls herself Tam. She also has two little boys. They have a ball together. Then there is my daughter who has six children. She writes a blog called psychowith6.typepad.com.  My grandchildren always have cute things to say. For the most part, children have their own outlook on life.

This is my advice to people that are in that stupid Waiting Room, eavesdrop, it is a blast!

1 comment:

  1. I am playing catch up today in BLOG Land...WOW loved this post and not just because you mentioned US...LOL One day I will not have these two little Natives around to make me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete