Thursday, June 3, 2010

The "Wave" Of Missing

Do you have waves of missing someone or something? Have you ever been homesick? I got the “kick in the stomach” kind of being homesick once. It was terrible.

If you are old enough or unlucky enough to live to be left behind while loved ones pass, those “waves” wash over me. Sometimes the “waves” of my wanting to see my parents again are almost strong enough to take my breath away. Well enough of the sad stuff, I want to talk about the “wave” of wanting a cigarette!!

If you read my face book post yesterday I told about making a fresh cherry pie. With my disease, it is hard work standing up, so I sat down. I stood up for awhile, then I got unsteady. I decided that putting the pits in one dish wasn’t good so I mixed the cherries and the pits together. (I didn’t mean too, it just seemed to happen with a slight shake of my hand.) It really was interesting to watch! I made the crust successfully and rolled it out until the top crust flew through the air and landed ker plunk on top of the dish full of cherry pie filling. What a mess. That’s when the beginning of a wave of unknown origin started.

The next thing I tackled was spaghetti sauce. Oh my goodness. I was stirring and dumping and chopping and browning. I can see Fran playing his computer games from the kitchen. I yelled in to him and said, “I am going into town for a carton of cigarettes!” He said, “Okay get me one too!” We both laughed. It has been so long since we smoked we wouldn’t even know what brand to buy. The “wave” passed and everything is on an even keel today. I think I will just sit tight, eat left over spaghetti and have left over pie for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment