Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Am Very Sad With The Destruction That We Have Caused..............

I think the older we get, the more we realize what we have done. We didn’t give it a thought when we were young. We didn’t think that we were gluttons for fossil fuel. We didn’t give it a thought that we were using too much water and we didn’t give a thought that were using too much electricity.

What we did think about were engines for our cars that would go one hundred twenty miles per hour with huge engines that gulped fuel like a kid with chocolate milk. The problem was as my brother mentioned the other day was that fuel was thirty cents a gallon, so who cared?

We have polluted our precious atmosphere probably to the point of no return. Now we have our gulf with oil that spewed its anger at this civilization. Now you realize that this is totally my opinion. But I really don’t think that it was necessary to drill under the ocean/sea/water to get more oil. Look what it has done. We probably will never see in our lifetime what devastation that has resulted from our greediness.

My husband and I have often referred to the Bible with the many earthquakes, famines, and other disasters that we have had already this year. Oh, I do think that we should slow down and thank the Lord for our planet and take much better care of it.


1 comment:

  1. very thoughtful write-up. If only we can be mindful of our environment, we will record less disasters.
    I came across some equally thoughtful articles on http://chasong.blogspot.com. You can check it out.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete