Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pop Beads, Snap Beads, Pretty Beads

Well, I suppose I will age myself without shouting out my birth date, but these were really fun. I played with mine so much that the white ones I had were clear because the “finish” had been worn off. I have no idea how much the beads had cost, but in 2010 a bag of 100 is $3.99.

We made necklaces and bracelets with them. You could get several different colors, but all I can remember are pastels.

How many of you had pop beads? Do you still have some?

Little folks have what they call snap beads now days, but are not the wonderful ones that little girls used to make themselves pretty that we had. They were so wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. I never had POP Beads. I have not ever seen these. They look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW -- had not thought of those pop beads for decades. Yes, I had some, and yes, I wore off the paint on them also. Hey, I bet they were even made in the good ole USA, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you are right, Pam. Remember the neat little "Pop" sound that they made when you pulled them apart or pushed them together? I remember one time I made a choker necklace out of them and almost choked myself to death.

    ReplyDelete