Friday, November 20, 2009

The Advantage Of Being Forgetful









Like the title says there are advantages of being forgetful. When you forget to mail birthday cards, “It’s ok, Grandma Lu is forgetful.” The calendar is my best friend, however, this year I am forgetting to check my calendar. This year I even got my youngest grandson’s birthday wrong last month because I couldn’t read the calendar very good. Thank goodness my daughter helped me out and sure enough I did have his birthday on the calendar correctly but had forgotten to flip the page to a different month.
This morning while I was watching the news I found myself laughing and laughing. The commercials are suddenly funny. I just have this feeling I have seen them before. Fran used to tell me that he had seen them a thousand times and I thought, “that’s weird, we watch television together.” When I was laughing this morning I was a little worried. I wondered if I could be losing it or would I be one of those pleasantly confused ladies I used to take care of.
I loved those little old ladies. Those ladies always seemed so happy and cheerful. The confusion put them in their own little world, they would repeat their stories, and would present themselves as the best part of their former personalities.
There is a different perspective I just thought of. This problem could be Fran’s. Fran doesn’t remember anything, I have to remember for both of us and that is very hard work for this old brain. What are the advantages of forgetfulness again?

No comments:

Post a Comment