Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fran's Cabbage Soup



Fran’s daughter e-mailed me the other day and wanted to know if he would send the recipe for his Cabbage soup. I thought to myself, “Oh my gosh there are two people in this world that likes that soup.” Needless to say I do not like this particular soup, especially because like the title says it is cabbage soup. It has no meat in it or meat base.
Fran loves this soup and when he makes it, he makes gallons of it. I am not exaggerating, he makes a blue canner of it. I don’t think he will be doing that this year because we have both freezers full to the brim with meat and vegetables that we froze for the winter. We are finishing making hash browns and French fries today and then the freezers will not have an inch of room. Watch and see we won’t get any snow and will be able to get to town anytime we want to. Well I guess that would be a good thing, wouldn’t?


Recipe For Cabbage Soup

Rutabaga chopped up
1 head of cabbage shredded
Carrots 8-10 or 1 package chopped
2 chopped up onions
Celery package chopped
3 big cans of tomatoes chopped up
3 big cans of tomato sauce
Cover vegies with water and juice of the tomatoes and sauce

Needs to cook most of the day. Could put in crock pot. The last hour you put in barley. Put in salt, pepper, garlic salt, jalapeños if you like it a little warm, he said 2-3. Lowreys seasoning salt, whatever seasoning you would like. He tastes all the time. I don’t like it like you guys do, I make mine with Hamburger. Everybody likes it different. I put mixed vegetables in mine too. You can just go crazy with creativity. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment