Sunday, November 29, 2009

Precious Moments Fingerprints




On one of my last posts I mentioned my dad washing the television set because my children had left their little finger prints on the screen. My mother always called him “Daddy” but occasionally when he would do something that upset her she would call him “Ray.” The washing of the screen was one of those times. My head whirled around and I grinned one of my nasty grins and shook my head. At those times they were real. Most of the time they were like June and Ward Cleaver, not real. Nobody can be that nice.
While Fran was putting away all of our thousands of cd’s, I was cleaning the glass top end table thinking of my dad. However, I did not give it a thought that the baby who was coming to visit, would put new fingerprints on it.
When I saw this sweet little baby toddling into the living room with a chocolate cookie and head for the end table. I almost laughed out loud, wondering what my dad would do. I actually took a picture of the finger prints, but being glass the flash took what was below the glass on the bottom shelf. When the baby wasn’t eating, his little fingers were in his mouth chewing on them because he was teething. His little shirts always had to be changed because of his drooling. In the old days we used terry cloth bibs to absorb the drool and the spills. I know, I am so old fashioned.
Maggie, our little dog just loved the baby because he would feed her whatever he was eating. We were talking about how we could make extra money. I suggested training dogs to “corral” babies so that they would be safe and not go out doors, and into cleaning supplies etc. The cowboys use them for corralling sheep and cattle, why not babies and then no one would have to worry? I think that is a wonderful idea. Dogs are used to keep Alzheimer patients safe, for guide dogs for the blind folks and I am sure for a multitude of reasons. I think dogs for baby protection is the next big money maker. Would I have to patent that? The whole thing is though, the precious moment fingerprints are memorable. I remember my children's and my grandchildren's and now one of Fran's grandchild's. They are all precious moments.

1 comment:

  1. Glass table?! I wonder when my kids will be old enough that I can get one of those!

    ReplyDelete