Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Gizmo








A widget is a gizmo, or a whatmacallit that shows you maps and readers of your blog. I absolutely love it! Several times a day I look to see how many readers, what time of day and where the readers live. Today I had a reader right by my hometown maybe twenty miles away or so. I have readers in Africa, Pakistan, Spain, Australia, Indonesia and the United Kingdom. The readers fluctuate with frequency. For instance it takes me awhile to write children’s stories, so I may not put a new story up for four to six weeks. The readers will then stop. They show up as a star and if the reader is on line the star blinks.
I have a fairly new blog about ten months old or so, so I have very few followers but the readers are growing in numbers.
I have decided to put in some new things to show me what my readers think of my blog ie, funny, informative, etc. I thought that might be fun because very few people leave comments. The people that comment on the stories are the ones that grew up with me and when I write about those days. I would like to see what complete strangers think.
I know I enjoy writing my stories so much, this little gizmo just lets me know that others are at least reading them.
The picture at the top is one of the colors that the widget comes in and looks like a vitamin pill. That’s why it makes me feel so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment