Monday, November 23, 2009

My Excuses




I did not want to clean the kitchen. I did not want to go out to sing. I really did not want to watch television or go to bed. I just wanted to sit and “veg.” Fran didn’t want to go out either and he was really in touch with his computer games.
I started “talking” to Fran’s sister-in-law who is also my friend on the computer. I told her I needed to clean the kitchen. It was a mess because we had had a deep fat fried supper; catfish and home made French fries. Oh it was good, but what a mess. I am just like my grandmother, I cook good, but the counter held tell tale drips of batter, flour, grease etc. I always make coffee the night before and I hadn’t done that either, I was just a dud. Finally I told her that I needed to get going and clean the kitchen. By the time I got going, the batter that I had dripped had dried on the counter. I really had to work at it, to get it off. I took one of those scratcher pads to loosen it. Right beside the deep fat fryer was a bread knife with a serrated blade. As I was applying a lot of elbow grease I got a little too close to the knife. I let out a bellow and Fran came running. I had cut my little finger; what a curved bloody mess. It has been years since I have done that. I got this set of knives for Christmas about four years ago and was warned that they were very very sharp and to be careful. Well, needless to say I was not.
Fran and I ran to the bathroom and I washed it with Hydrogen Peroxide and water while Fran looked for band aides. You are not going to believe this; a house without band aides. Not only a house without band aides, but a house that had zero band aides for almost two years.
Being the ever resourceful man, he found some gauze and cut it in half and wound some tape around it. I am here to tell you, my finger hurts.
So to tell you the short of it, we went for coffee to the same lady’s house this morning. She looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and said, “Boy you will do anything to get out of cleaning your kitchen."
P.S. I found a can in the camper. Always have to be prepared when you go camping you know!













1 comment:

  1. LOL! In the camper of course!
    Hope your finger is feeling better soon. My sister cut her finger when she dropped a glass in the sink while doing dishes. She had to get sticthes. She got out of cleaning the kitchen for over a week!

    ReplyDelete