Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas At Red Lobster





Since I have developed Multiple Sclerosis I have not been driving except for short distances. I run into town sometimes which is five miles and things like that. It really hinders my independence which I have always been.

But, regardless of this I bought a new car about three years ago. I knew my youngest son would take me where I wanted to go. As time went by, I developed more self assurance in my own driving and my reflexes and now I can drive to a little town about twenty miles from here.

Then I got married. He is a maniac behind the wheel. He drives so fast (used to have a race car) I just can’t stand it so I am a nag the whole time we are in my car or in his pickup. I do not understand why he never gets a speeding ticket. Since he hasn’t gotten a ticket he continues to speed. He does not threaten people’s lives. I want to assure you of that, but I am a rule liver. I was taught to follow the rules and I expect others to do the same.

Oh, I forgot he gets lost all the time. Will turn left instead of right, gets in the wrong lanes etc. I have to be the co-pilot and at times that is difficult. His kids and his brother live in Texas. That’s right!!! We have made three trips to Texas within a year and a half; my nerves are shot.

The last two years my daughter and her family have met us at a town about half way between her house and mine. It is easier on my nerves because she lives in a big city. However, I don’t get to see her or my grandchildren very often. Fran promised that we would go for a few days this summer. My grandchildren hardly even know me. I noticed that yesterday.

I get to eat at the Red Lobster only once a year because it is so expensive.

My daughter and her “brood” had gotten there before we did so the children had to wait a few minutes for us.

Melanie has done an excellent job of teaching her children manners as well as values. She has the cutest little four year old in the world with curly hair and big cheeks and sparkly eyes. In a little while he just couldn’t help it. I saw this precious little boy hang his head and whisper, “is it time to open pesants?” It would take an awfully hard heart to resist that little cherub.


No comments:

Post a Comment