Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Really Fun Un-Christmas Shopping Spree!







I am sure you have heard of unbirthdays, well today I had an unChristmas shopping day. I have wanted storage bowls made by Rubbermaid that nest and have red lids that really work. Oh my goodness sakes they were on sale for ten dollars for thirty pieces. They were on the small side, but the next time I go to Wally World I will get a couple of larger pieces and then I will throw away all the old oleo dishes that I constantly open for oleo and get spaghetti. I just have had it with that.

Then, I have always wanted a clock for the bathroom. Sound strange? Well, it is not in my house, so for unknown reasons I wanted a clock so I bought one that automatically resets itself when the power is interrupted which ours is constantly interrupted. Plus….it didn’t take a battery, huh?

Then, I have wanted a desk lamp so bad because my body causes a shadow on the computer and I can’t see, so today low and behold there was a desk lamp in my shopping cart. Wonder how that happened!!

My lap top computer gets so hot that I worried it was going to fry, so I bought myself a cooler for it. See, this was such a fun shopping day I just couldn’t hardly stand it. Secretly, neither could Fran.

Then for the piece de resistance. I couldn’t resist. I have about four feet of counter space in my house, so I bought a kitchen island. This morning I filled it with all the odds and ends of storage containers that I had put in the pantry that I couldn’t get to. Oh I can’t wait to have company so I can serve buffet style! What a wonderful day. It was Merry Christmas to me all day. I even treated Fran to a sub sandwich for being so nice about putting everything together for me. I forgot I bought him twelve pair of socks so he shouldn’t complain, do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment