Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Scale Of Justice




How many versions of "I feel like such a jerk "have you heard? You may have been the target, or you may have told someone that you felt like a jerk or you may have silently thought that you were a jerk. You also have silently thought other people were jerks. You may have even told God that you feel like a jerk for hurting someone.

Isn’t it interesting how many different ways that your heart and others hearts can be broken ?

Personally, if someone prefaces a statement to me with, “I feel like such a jerk” I suddenly freeze, my heart starts beating like a trip hammer, and I feel like running away.

About four years ago, my husband and I were sitting in the living room. He acted like he was troubled. I asked him what the problem was. He said, “I feel like such a jerk.” He left that day.

I guess after twenty years I was a tad bit surprised to say the least. However, there was a good part to that story. I met my present husband about a year and half later. He is a good guy and we have a lots of fun. IF he ever says quietly to me he feels like such a jerk, I will weigh the pros and cons on my scale of justice and approach the situation like any good judge of character would and I won't be a jerk about it!

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm caught up with you now. Don't worry about gifts for my kids. If worse comes to worse, buy them sugar-free gum. It's always a hit and it doesn't make Mark mad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That totally caught me off guard. What a surprise.... and a jerk!

    ReplyDelete