Monday, December 28, 2009

Grandma Lu Gets A Wii!








About three weeks before Christmas I was looking at a Wii at WalMart. My husband said, “What are you looking at those for, they’re expensive and you would never use one because you are too old.” I told him I would too use one because they would be good exercise and fun at the same time. I didn’t buy one that day, but I never forgot it. I thought maybe they might have one on Black Friday. We had company on Black Friday and I didn’t go, besides I didn’t want to fight the crowds.

Yesterday when we went to Red Lobster to meet my daughter and her family, the children opened their gifts first, then my daughter opened her gifts, then my son-in-law. Then my daughter said, “okay, Mom, it’s your turn. Then she said, “This is for all three of you.” The kids had all surrounded, Fran, Mike and I to watch us open the gift. I lifted it and said to one of my grandsons how heavy it was. He just grinned from ear to ear with a every other tooth grin, but he didn’t give me a hint. He’s grown up you know, he’s seven. We were instructed for Mike, my youngest son, and Fran and I to open it all at the same time. That was like a drum roll you see. I just screeched, “It’s a Wii!” I told my husband that my daughter knew me better than he did and that he would play with me because he would love it!

I told Melanie that the gift was almost an “Oops.” She asked why and I told her I almost bought one. She said that she had told her husband that it wouldn’t surprise her if mom had already bought one to play with. She thinks she is so smart, doesn’t she?



No comments:

Post a Comment