Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Homemade Gifts Are Wonderful

           


I remember when I was a little girl,  my mother would give my teacher a loaf of homemade banana bread all wrapped in foil with a ribbon on it for a Christmas gift. I was so embarrassed. The other kids gave the teacher such beautifully wrapped gifts. Some how in other, the teacher always seemed to love my gifts, little did I know how touching the home made gifts were. The mail man always got a loaf of home made banana bread too and so did the bus driver. The bus driver whose name was Charlie couldn’t wait  for Christmas so he could get his loaf.
I asked Mother about this home made stuff and she said that people like them because they knew that people thought about them the whole time they were making them. That statement stuck with me my whole life.
The whole thing is I was not given a whole bunch of talent to make things; I might be but I am not creative. I don’t crochet, or knit, I attempt scrap booking and people do seem to like it, but the gifts I have made are not professional.

But this year I thought of something really really cool! I want to tell you what it is so badly, but my daughter reads my posts so I can’t, but I will report the outcome to you after Christmas. The project has taken a long time, but I think it will be worth it but really messy!

3 comments:

  1. I love banana bread. Did you or your mom make one for me too?!
    I used to bake cookies as Christmas gifts. I kind of got away from that. I should though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get so busy with our lives. My mom was a stay at home mom who sold her baked good to grocery stores. At Christmas time she had a diary of 100 dozen decorated Christmas cookies she had sold. I can't even imagine. Do you think that your little ones would want to help? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's just really evil of you. LOL I have to wait sooooo long to find out what it is!!

    ReplyDelete