Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve At Our House






  • I am going backwards in the diary of Christmas at our house. We invited Fran’s mom, Marie and his brother as we always do. We also were pleased to have some friends join us.

    As normal there were some snafus that accompanied the meal. I am telling you what, there is not a big meal that something isn’t forgotten. This meal Viv was so cute, everyone was done eating and she said, “I would like a sweet potato, Lu.” Of course, she had seen them in the oven and I thought I saw a wink.

    After everyone was gone, I discovered the coleslaw was still in the fridge. What the heck, that just tells me that we had too much food because these things were not missed.

    I asked Marie about Christmas at her house when she was young. Those stories will be on Maries memories blog. She had some fun and interesting stories.

    Viv brought a new casserole that was so delicious. It was a corn casserole. I ate and ate and then the next day went to her house and got the recipe. If any of you want something different to serve about six people this is the recipe for you, just ask on the comment section and I will post the recipe for you.

    I hope all of you had a nice holiday whether it was with family or friends or by yourself relaxing. It just doesn’t make any difference what you do as long as you are happy in your own skin!!

    Happy New Year!



1 comment: