Saturday, December 5, 2009

Salvation Army Thrift Shop

Today Fran and I had to go into town and do some errands. He asked me if there was anything else I wanted to do in town before we went home. I said, “Yes, I want to go to the flea market and get a magazine rack.” The last time we went there they had at least four of them. I love magazines and have asked for subscriptions in the past and this year for Christmas and birthday presents. I love them because my gift lasts all year long, and I can read them in short spurts if I want to. Well, needless to say, the magazines start to build up because I don’t get them completely read, I don’t get the recipes cut out and I could go on and on. This is the deal, the magazines are quite small to large. I try to stack and organize. The stacks slip and slide. I put them into my “nest.” My nest is the area around my chair for easy access. Fran makes fun of my nest on a weekly basis. I have two to four pairs of shoes and slippers in front of me and a circle of magazines beside me and my laptop on a end table also in front of me. To my right is my phone or phones as it may be and something to drink. That doesn’t sound so bad, does it?
All of the nest had to disappear when Fran’s little grandson visited, but things are easing back into my nest little by little. I need a magazine rack. They didn’t have one.
I guess, I will either have to read faster, or live with the feathering of my nest.

Today which is a week later than the last “today.” Again we went to another flea market looking for a magazine rack. Again I didn’t find one, but I found a beautiful coffee table that has a double tier that will hold all my magazines both big and small! Ah the joy of being on a tight budget with lots of time to shop and help out a charity at the same time.
I always think of the Salvation Army when I need something, but especially
this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment