Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve








The end of the year and the beginning of a new year that meet almost simultaneously. Everyone that goes out or gets together with friends or family have different agendas to celebrate. I have played cards and not had a drink and had a really good time. I have gone out to a bar and watched people be silly and danced and had a really good time. I have always been if not completely responsible, I have been legally responsible.

But very frequently, I seldom knew the exact time that the old year was done and the new year began. The reason for that is that everyone’s watch had a different time. In the “old” days we didn’t have cell phones that had perfect time. I have never been to New York City to watch the ball drop.

For the most part I fell asleep from the old to the new. When I woke up it was a new year and I felt almost left out. I used to beg my mother to let me wait up for the new year. She never told me no. She did, however, make me put on my pajamas and lay on the couch which faced the big clock in the dining room. Insto presto sound asleep! Just not fair.

I have often heard people say hope it’s a better year next year than this year especially in this economy. I am sure that for some people life is so terrible hard. I am just thankful that I am warm and fed and have people that love me and people that I can love back. Again, insto presto! Happy New Year!!!!





2 comments:

  1. I was in bed by 11pm. I could not make it another hour...that is sad! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete