Friday, December 4, 2009

While Supplies Last


       

I am a fairly easy going person. I pretty much go with the flow as the kids say, however, there are some things that really irritate me.  Yesterday my husband and I went Christmas shopping. It was a beautiful crisp sunny day. Just the kind of day to put you in the mood for being merry.
I have nine grandchildren, but yesterday was the day to buy little gifts for the youngest three. My finances are very limited so I really have to watch what I spend.
There is a store about twenty five miles away that has a fifteen per cent discount for senior citizens the first Thursday of the month; another reason to feel really merry. My husband wandered off when we got to the store and I went directly to where I thought the items would be. I asked the clerk where they were. She said, “Oh we were out of those Saturday morning.” I didn’t get the ad until Tuesday. When we got out to the car I looked at the ad and there was the tiniest finest print that the sale started on November 29th and ended December 4th. It also stated that there would be rain checks at their discretion, it said that while supplies lasted meant just that, no rain checks. The print was so fine it made my eyes hurt. I have twenty twenty vision with my glasses. I have had cataract surgery, but I still needed a magnifying glass. I was furious, I am still furious. I was telling my youngest son about it. He just grinned and said, "get them something else." I would write a letter, but the print is so fine I could not see an address to do so!
My husband had a thought. He said that in this economy, that people buy what they see that is in their budget and don’t wait for the sale. I think that he is right. I still would have been too late by the time I got the ad though.
They should have allowed for mailing time and should have stocked according to what they thought would be a “gotcha.” Ok, now I am done venting. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is frustrating!
    not sure what you wanted to buy but there are lots of websites out there that will help you find the best deal. They will also show the ads weeks in advance before the sale starts to help you plan better.
    Still, I feel your frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no clue that I could find them weeks in advance. Thank you so much I will start looking. I have only looked on Amazon

    ReplyDelete