Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Cookbook With Four And A Half Generations









This is the home made gift I was talking about in a former post. It is a little cookbook about six inches by six inches. It only has room for twenty recipes and pictures. I made it like a scrapbook-cookbook.

The first picture is of my grandmother with her only surviving recipe.

The second picture is of my mother and some original recipes and then a picture of my mother when she was the same age as Melanie. Melanie didn’t recognize her.

Third picture was of my sister and her recipe for fresh apple cake. Oh my goodness that was delicious. She also made a mean pot of chicken and dumplings.

Then a picture of me and some recipes that the kids liked.

Then a picture of my sister-in-law, Linda, with a couple of recipes of hers.

When my daughter worked at a restaurant when she was a teenager, she wrote some recipes on her order pad so I put those in her cookbook and then I had a picture of her when she was just over a year old. My mom and dad had given her a bracelet with her name engraved on it. I ran that around her neck and taped it on the back of the picture. If I do say so myself it was pretty cool. The last female cook in the generations will be five year old Elaina with her recipe for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Oh, I almost forgot and the instructions on how to make them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment