Sunday, December 20, 2009

Company In My Jammies







Yesterday I was just going a hundred miles an hour getting so many little things done. I called the telephone company and told the lady that the phone bill was too high. I told her that we were on social security and that there should be a discount for senior citizens. Well, I’ll be darned if she didn’t give me a life time ten dollar a month discount. I was so proud of myself, but how many people do not even think about asking for a discount. I had absolutely no problem with it and it saved me over a hundred dollars a year.

Then I got the remaining Christmas cards done. Every year I receive a few cards that I haven’t sent out. This is my little yelp every year, “ Oh no, I forgot so and so again this year!”

I had noticed, of course, that the kitchen table was a mess, sugar that Fran spills every morning for his coffee, toast crumbs that I have on my place mat, received Christmas cards in a pile, coats hanging on the kitchen chairs, (why hang them up when we have to use them twenty times a day to take out our puppy?) But I could have cared less. I was standing at the sink getting a roast ready for the oven when the door bell rang. “Oh, dear and me in my jammies for a cold winter’s night” I had a thought of running to the bedroom to get my clothes on but thought, “you know what they could have called so I just sat at the table and visited and had a good time.

 No I probably won’t get dressed early in the morning from now on just in case I might get company.

1 comment: